Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome to the family of wallet loosers

Something common to most of us in our gang is that we are all wallet loosers. This tradition was started by Obamamol when she lost her purse in which she had her PAN card. But she didnt worry coz she is one extraordinary girl who has 2 pancards. I have heard that getting a new pan card is in itself a huge process. But inspite of that she was having two pan cards. That our Obamamol for you.

Next in the list is Ammini. She lost her Debit card and some money along with her purse. Now she is the proud owner of the new ATM card which has her name imprinted on it. And the card has cartoon picture of a husband and wife shopping. She fancies those pictures as herself and her Binuettan. Then it was me and Aanakutty. We lost our wallets on the same day when we were travelling to Majestic to board the train to our hometown. Fortunately I lost just Rs 100 as money, but it was the loss of the pen drive that I had been carrying for almost a year which hurt me the most. (Ente purse adichu maatiyavante thalayil idithee veezhatte). That was just a few good words for the man who took my purse. As for Aanakutty, she lost both her debit and credit card plus a 1000 bucks she wanted to give her brother for Vishu. And when she told about this to Obama, all she said was "Welcome to the family".

While we always teased Tudymol as phonemaniac, the other person in the gang to have followed the same footsteps is Ammini. She now eats and sleeps with her phone. When I first saw her phone, I was thinking whether it was an original Nokia phone coz I had never even heard of that model. But soon I found so many having the same phone. Ammini used to have 6030, one of my fav Nokia model, which my brother still uses. She had exchanged that for the new phone with her sister. But then she is always like that. She proudly buy many salwar suits for her sister. But after a few months, you will get to see her wear the same salwar she gifted her sister. How much I wish I had a sister so that I could wear her salwars too. Once when she was walking on the street talking on the phone(which is usual), some guy came and hit her in an intention to grab her phone. But the phone fell down giving no chance for the guy to get away with it. But the insiders story is totally different. They say that when the guy saw the phone, he must have thought that the phone is not even worth stealing it. Why do the stupidity.

Well, I think that I too am at the verge to loose my mobile. Of late, I have been so careless about my mobile. I will be in one corner of the ODC and my phone on the other corner. And when it rings "To the beat of my heart", I run across the ODC to pick up the phone. By the way, I have heard that I am one of those odd people who likes and listens to Hilary Duff songs. Well you must hear some, they are really good.

0 Scribbled Back: