Sunday, October 17, 2010

Birthdays with a twist??

Birthdays are always special. But when your birthday is in June. You'll hate it. You can't wear civil-dress to your school nor can you distribute chocolates to your classmates. And what if your father doesn't believe in celebrating birthdays and your mother always tend to forget your birthday. For years I had to suffer such ignorance (My damn lucky brother had his birthday in November which meant he could celebrate his birthday in his class). And my memory of childhood-birthday-celebration was the one and only one birthday I celebrated while I was in the fifth grade. All the neighbours were called and a feast was given to all of 'em. Thats all.

When I was working, I had two suuuper special birthdays. All my friends near me. Cutting the cake, those midnight calls to wish me, cake facials. Birthday treat at dinshaws. Oooh...nostalgic memories. Coming back.

Your first birthday with your spouse. Sounds special na. Coz you know they are never gonna forget it anyways. Nahi toh maar padegi. And think of this. When your birthdays fall on more precious days. A's birthday was on May 31st, the day next to our wedding. And mine was on June 6th, the day on which our Reception was held. We both were in cloud nine.

A's dialogue :- This is my most special birthday. I'm getting you as my birthday gift na.
Yours truly sighs.

So to make his birthday much more special, I conspired with KK into sneaking a birthday card into my new house on my wedding day. And when the clock struck twelve, I gave him the card and planted a kiss on his surprised cheeks.

June 5, 11.59 pm

My N72 was buzzing with birthday messages from around the country. Yeah I have friends all around the country and now all around the globe :-P

Communi to A :- Do you think you're missing something?
A (who was packing his clothes for the next day's Palakkad visit):- What ?? What did I miss?
Communi :- Like saying something.
A(perplexed):- What??
Communi :- I mean, do you want to say something?? to me??
A (perplexed again).

Just then the door knocks. It was KK. He was standing with a birthday card on his hand. KK wished me birthday with a hug and passed on Kamini's wishes also. I glanced A with a look-that-was-what-I-was-talking-about look. He smiled and said, "For that, you have to wait".

And it was worth the wait. At the function, I was the star. Dressed like a princess. Everyone who came there wished me on my birthday. After the function, we were supposed to leave for Palakkad and I was busy getting thmy bags ready.And just when I thought the day was over, A and KK came with a birthday cake. And thus I celebrated my first birthday at sasuraal with umpty relatives in the house.

3 Scribbled Back:

BK Chowla, said...

Mothers tend to forget a child's birthday?
Some thing is not right.

Harini said...

A great 1st Bday :)

riddhiculous said...

aaha.. mera bday bhi june mein aata hai.. and summer vacations and no celebrations in schooll damn i used to be soooo pissed man... i cn totally get what u mean june bdays..
but suchha cool bday na.. wowwwwwww :)
hehe

word verification is awesome too- suckiess

hahahha june bdays "suckiess" Yeah yea i get it.. hhehe