Sunday, September 6, 2009

A kalyana sadhya

Tuttu's amd Soumi's marriage was really an awesome affair. God bless them. Besides the obvious reasons that they looked fab and the sadhya (feast) was mouth watery, it was amazing because we got to see those friends whom we hadn't seen in , like, ages. When RM said we never saw each other in Bangalore, I had to sarcastically ask, "where you also in B'lore?". Seems like we were helluva busy in B'lore. As for the classmates, Poo, Colonel, Ayyappan, RM, Prasi and Pandi had come. A bigger bunch had come from our company. Ramettan , Lallu, AC, Dans, Pachalam and so on. Pardon me here for that so on coz I can't handle the pain of nicknaming everyone. (Its high time I undergo a training from Ammini.)

So, when we friends meet, the first thing you will notice is that, there have been hundreds of rumours about you and some of them can be really weird and now that you've met you've to clear them all. My all-time favorite rumour about me is that I had enrolled myself for Mechanical Engineering course! (Totally weird.) That was 6 years and -8 kilos ago and when Mech meant boys (it still means the same). A Mech trivia- the girl in the Mech department is named as MechRani regardless of the colleges we are studying. It's the same everywhere. But this time it was like "I'm going to Dubai". For what??? Man, you really can't take it seriously when someone says I am really desperate for a job even if it means to go to Dubai. And what if I had said Uganda instead of Dubai. Speaking of Dubai, I must mention this. Two of my collegemates are working there and visit their hometowns as much as 4 or 5 times a year quite contrary to the common belief that Gulfites visit their hometown once in so many years.

Marking my attendance at both my collegemates gang and my officemates gang was a tedious task. I was literarly oscillating between both ends. So much so that when I went to the stage, for the photo session, for the second time with my officemates, Tuttu exclaimed "Again?". Both me and Colonel had to give sadhya a miss (actually twice) because we were both busy with the other gang when the first one went for sadhya. So atlast when me, Colonel, Ramettan and AC went for food somebody said that rice has finished. All I could think then was man, I can't stand hunger and that too when everybody is saying that the sadhya was delicious. But thankfully, we did get food. In the banquet hall, AC and Ramettan were sitting on my either sides. When the payasam was being served, I compassionately told them that I don't like payasam, so, one of you could have it. Unlike the usual days, they didn't even fight for my cup of payasam. They took half each. But when the boy serving payasam came again, he saw my cup empty and the guy's cups full. He asked me if I want more. I nodded since I had clear instructions. When this boy came to serve the payasam, he passed on a look which meant "the guys with you dont eat as much you do....how?". That was it, I said to myself. I won't ever go to eat with these guys anymore. I have a rep to protect, people!

In the evening reception party also Tuttu and Soumi were looking great. Tuttu with a black suit and Soumi with a curly hairdo.But there was something wrong with me and food that day. Even when everybody were praising the desert, I couldn't have a scoup of the icecream because of my throat problem. God, Why me?? :) Anyways, there is nothing more than getting together with good old friends. And I enjoyed. And it was the first time ever I, not accompanied by my parents, reached home so late. 8 pm to be precise. The only dialogue that is coming to mind now is "Akele ladki khuli hui tijori ki tarah hai". True. Particularly when you're in God's own country and you're among the so-called-cultured people.

0 Scribbled Back: