Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lend your ears to this couch potato...oh I'm sorry your eyes

You can't really blame me for being a couch potato, when I'm, literarly, sitting idle at home. But if you ask Amma, she would probably say that I was born to see TV. So would Achan. In fact, he has his usual dialogue " Her teachers say that CAT aspirants should take rest for atleast 2 hrs after classes and then start studying, but she seems to have taken it more seriously, taking rest till 10 pm by watching TV". And I nod my head in silence. I must say, it's really difficult to reach my father's expectations. Since I know I'm never gonna make it, I really don't care for his accusations. Anyways, I love to watch TV. And I can't live without it. Since the list of shows that I watch seems to be too big for the post, I will restrict myself to those what I call as "Essentials".

The very first category of my fav shows belongs to those shows which if you haven't seen , I have got only one question for you "Why do you have cable?".Watch these to see what you mean by entertainment. Boogie Woogie. Watch it for Ravi, Naved and Javed's sade hue jokes and also to see the zenith platform for dancers and dance groups. Next F.R.I.E.N.D.S.. This sitcom which had stopped telecasting with the season finale some 5 years back, still is being shown in different countries. So much is the popularity, only next to Seinfield. 6 friends, 2 apartments and thats all you need for a big entertainment.


The second set of shows is the one which you wouldn't wanna miss. The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Everybody loves Raymond, Mind Your Language gets included here. Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly place and Suite life of Zack and Cody....they say I'm too old for these shows, but who wouldn't like some real humour even if it means to watch kid's shows. Over to Hindi. If you've seen Office Office and Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, you would have seen that humour can be more than just slapstick. Oh yeah, long back it was in ISS forum that I got a friend suggesting me about Comedy Circus. Since then, I have been an ardent viewer of that show. There has been a Darwin's evolution as far the show's name is concerned. From Comedy Circus to Chinchpokli to China and now finally to Dekh India Dekh. Watch it, laughter assured. And then there is The Week That Wasn't with Cyrus Broacha. Watch the show if you can't make sense out of the actual "news". The show is sense made nonsense. By now, you might be thinking if she ever watches shows or serials which are not of the genre comedy. Of course. I like to watch Roadies, which is the biggest of the reality shows of the Indian television and the most sensible one. And also CSI: NY, Numbers.

As far as Malayalam and Tamil are concerned, as you know these channels are reigned by the daily soaps and I hate it more than anything. But Srikandan Nair's Nammal Thammil is an all-time favourite. And in tamil, I like the show Little Masters and Raagamaalika of the Jaya TV and also Kalakka Povathu Yaaru of Vijay TV, which made the phrase "Saroja Samaan Nikaalo" famous.

So if you ever come across these shows, sit back and watch it and you'll know what I mean. After all these, if you ever thought that about me getting time for other things (for ex:- studying), you would realise that what Amma and Achan said was true. ;)

0 Scribbled Back: