Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year Edition

Happy new year everyone! Yeah, I know its the tenth day of the new year but wishing late is better than not to wish at all. And WELCOME.. my blog's new avatar. I have put an extra sidebar (see left)(courtesy- Anoop who googled it out for me) and I've got the all new blue-on-white look. When I first took the minima template, it had some orange font for the titles, but because of my obessesion for blue I made it all blue-y blue-y. Thanks to some site where I found the picture you see on the title, it was in perfect synchro to my blue fonts. And I told you I can't think of anything other than Trebuchet MS, there you go...its all over here. But a few flaws like the "scribbled by communi" part is just below the post-title, I wanted it at the end of the post. Also the "Top" written in the bottom of the post, I don't like it, I want it removed. Please will someone find out the code for that? And what do you feel about the new look? Like it or don't like it?

Ok so what's in store for me this year? Apart from my marriage and getting a whole new bunch as relatives, I donno. I do really want to get into a good b-school. Tuttudu says there is some kind of managerial quality in me. Was that for real or was it just to fend me off the IT thing (like I could be one hell of a competition to him). Whatever! But anyways, I have some good stuff in the pipeline for the blog. I have got the permission from Koratty to post her laiga story in the blog. So watch out for that. Vishnu once had written on his blog that the reason why we blog is to attain eternity. And if anything on my blog should be eternal, it should be Koratty's story. Its a reminder how our lives were and how much fun we had.

The new year has been pretty bad for me. I have woken up at 6 every of the past ten days. Eventhough I never had this resolution in my mind. Talking about resolutions. A few years back, I took one life-changing resolution and it was never to have any resolutions at all. Since then I have been following it quite sincerely. You know, even resolutions have a history in my life. Even in those kid-years of mine, when I was totally unaware of new year resolutions, I have had this myth- that the thing you do on the new year day is gonna repeat the whole year. So in my eagerness of having good marks at school, I would try to read text books on the first day. But a few minutes later....twwiiisshhhhhhhh....there goes my book! Throughout the year only the second part prevails.

Even in the college I used to have some exam-time resolutions (can you believe it?). Mostly it was concerned about only two things. Boys and TV. Not to ogle during exam time and Not to see TV. When once I told my friends that I have this not-to-ogle resolution, they said, "its in your blood dear, even if you wish you can't do anything about it". The days when I was newly engaged, I thought this over again and thought it would only be mature of me not to ogle. Those days, whenever I saw good guys, I felt both sad and pity. Sad because I'm not able to mouthlook them. And I felt pity for them 'coz they won't be mouthloooked by 'me'. And now its like whats-the-harm-in-it ( oh....he's so..o gonna kill me).

Anyways I'm so excited to go to Chennai next weekend. Yay! And know what, I'm gonna visit IIT Madras. Wow this super-exciting. You do know my affinity for Tamil, this is just a part of it. And IIT campus is one hell of a place. Damn superb. I have been only to IIT-Madras and so..o wish I could visit all other IITs. If there had been any seat allocation for laziest & dumb person, I would have really tried to be an IITian.

Anyways, that was the new year's first post thereby adding a new archive. Will be back with a new one soon.

10 Scribbled Back:

Lakshmi said...

New look... cool... :D Read all the posts... wil comment soon.... I m pretty desp the weekend's come to an end... :(

Dhanya said...

I like the look! It's pwetty :) Let me go read the rest of the posts here... Interesting now that you mentioned you just got married n all ;)

COMMUNI said...

@Lakshmi

So sweet of you dear. And my take on weekends is that .... life's all about waiting for weekends. As one finish we wait for the next one...:)

COMMUNI said...

@Dhanya
Thank you dear.
Oh dear...I'm getting married this year..i'm just committed now.You could see more on my t-intrvws in this blog.

sm said...

cool look

buckingfastard said...

ooo cool luk huh!!!

U R GETTING MARRIED!!! and ur reaction is nothing xciting gonna happen dis year xcept marriage!!! wake up girl!!

btw u hav been tagged!!!

COMMUNI said...

@sm

Thank You. Glad you liked it.

COMMUNI said...

@BF

Glad you liked it.

Its a technique yaar. To keep the expectations low so that every new thing is a surprise.

Really, I've been tagged ?? Right away to your blog....

Blunt Edges said...

lol @ 'mouthlook'!!! :D:D:D

happy new year 2 u too n congrats on getting hitched :D

n i wouldn't have noticed the 'Top' at the bottom (ironic!) if u hadn't mentioned it ;)

COMMUNI said...

@Blunt edges

Help me buddy with removing that TOP thing. It seems like some odd govt site where they put crazy "go to the bottom" "go to the top" links.