Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Recap continues...this time of the decade

This has been the most satisfying day of the year. As an obedient daughter and a prospective bahu, I have done it all today. Right from cooking to washing and cleaning, I have done it all. Whenever Amma visits hometown she normally prepares me everything, even for the dinner, but today she wasn't well and hence no other go. But even when I did all these, I did find time to see The National treasure 2 for the zillionth time. Actually, I must have watched it everytime it's played on TV. And I'm secretly happy as I found out I can sneak time for movies even after marriage. Infact I'm sure I'll find time for everything while he does my chores.

So, coming back to the recap thing. Its the decade end. Is it 2009 or 2010 the decade end? I'm not sure how it goes. But then you don't call the '70 the end of 60s. Going by that logic, 2009 is surely the end of the decade. Even during the millenium time, there was a total confusion. Anyways me and my then bestfriend, we conveniently made 2000 the millenium and exchanged cards and gifts. So this post is about the decade. The past decade at a glance. I mean my past decade.

2000 :- Can't really remember anything except for the Y2K fuss. Around this time I started writing diary. Must tell you, I really love my first diary. It was really funky. I used to cut colored papers in different shapes and paste in on my diary. Made one of my classmates a rakhi brother. Call it a bad decision! I'll say very bad. After that we talked less. I say, such formalities are not-so convenient to me.

2001 :- My 10th. Loads of pressure. But still I managed to score not-so-bad marks. Rift in my 6 year long friendship. So much bitching around. It was like tit for tat. I never regretted it then, may be now, sometimes. This was also the time of decision making. I so wanted to take up Commerce but had to take yucky Science and not so bad Mathematics (no offense to Science lovers) because of my father.

2002 :- This was the baddest year of studies (then I hadn't foreseen that more worser years were yet to come). I still remember the 55 marks I scored in Maths. As far the bitching in our friendship...it went on and on. We stopped talking to each other. Had different friend circles.

2003 :- I wanted to announce ceasefire with my first bestfriend. So one miss-you card and we were fine. Following the catastrophe at 12th grades, I promptly got admitted into an Engg college. The nearest one to our home. Walking was the only option as I was too afraid to drive a scooty. I lost kgs in quick pace. New friends and new enviro. Although at first, I thought school was much more fun but slowly realised it was otherwise.

2004 :- Slowly I realised I'm so gonna make mess of my studies. Maybe I never had the Engineer material in me. 1st year and 3rd semester completely explained my inability. Friends started to feel I'm no-innocent girl eventhough my face has written INNOCENCE (Yes, in CAPS) all over it. Me, Poo and SR had the job of educating fellow classmates, raising their frequency levels. While I was successful with my entire group, all 3 of us couldn't do anything with Soumi and Aanakutty. And yep, I was a part of a gang. If you put the first letters of our names together it reads PSSS.

2005 :- Amongst my usual pathetic semester results, I had one 75% after the improvement exams. I was overthrilled. I decided to write all the improvement exams. Bad decision again. I scored not even 1 mark as improvement after that.

2006 :- Ok, you're gonna so so laugh at it. It was the election year. And I was super-excited about it. Because 1. it was the first I'm going to vote 2. V.S. Achuthanandan was the candidate.(For those who don't know, he is the CM of Kerala and is considered to be one of the better politicians of the state). So I bought myself a new dress on the election day. Friends call it the election dress. The same year we went to tour. Post the trip, pairs changed, friends changed and our gang decided not to go to tours anymore.

2007 :- There was an IV (Industrial Visit). Time for another of my dress. And friends called it the IV dress (obviously). End of college times. But I realised I had made a one precious thing out of college life. Friendship for a lifetime. Me and OG. We don't like pretentions of calling each other and reporting everything to each other. It was all good and I was happy. By the end of the year I joined the company. Horrific times of training. But I enjoyed stay away from home. Hyderabad, I love the place.

2008 :- I would call it the year of friendship. I saw all of it. From the making to the breaking of it. Laid back comfortably in the Bench, I realised the value of friendship. And that I have so many whom I can rely on at any time of the day. Blore, AM, Lallu, Koratty, Ramettan, Pookutty, Pattar, Tuttudu, Eldhose. I was happy to confide my secrets, wishes, aspirations to all of them. The blunder of the year has to be the Govt. job I rejected because I felt so comfy with my IT job. Shifting to Bangalore wasn't easy but I got used to it.

2009 :- The year that saw all. I had briefed it earlier. So nothing more.

10 Scribbled Back:

Blunt Edges said...

we wrote the 10th exams the same year!!! n isn't it strange that 12th also happened at the same time ;)

n guess what my marks were for maths? 49!

a cool way 2 talk about an entire decade...n isn't it strange that all the y2k talk doesn't seem like 10years ago! man am i getting old!

anyways have a wondeful next decade :D happy new year :D

Neha said...

happy new year :) 9 years in one post - pretty good :)

have a rocking 2010 :))

COMMUNI said...

@blunt edges
Cool to hear that we wrote those dreadful exams together. And don't tell me you too are a KVite. That would be asking for too much of coincidence.

49? we are on the same board.

You got me thinking the same yaar...am I getting too old. Some of my classmates already got kids!!

And thank you ...HNY...(although this sounds more like H1N1, i kinda like it ;) )

COMMUNI said...

@Neha

thank you dear.... just trying to look back to those years..

Happy new year :)

Beauty and the BEast said...

Wow! Thats a rapid sum up of nine years! Fantastic! Wish you a grand decade ahead!!!

And hope u get to sneak peek more movies !!

BK Chowla, said...

This is my first visit to your blog site.
Very interesting. Will come back.

COMMUNI said...

@Beauty and the Beast

Welcome here and thanks for the comments. I better have good time for movies. Just can't exist without them.

COMMUNI said...

@BK Chowla
Thanks buddy for going thru the blog. Welcome... Always here to entertain you.

Nidhi Simon said...

Hey where is me??My name is not there in your friend's list tuttudu am and this is heart breaking...

COMMUNI said...

di...this is revenge...if you don't put my name in ur blog this is what u get... HAHAHA..