Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Desperate/Runaway Moments

Sometimes I really want my life to be a little filmy. Everybody singing and dancing during weddings and get-togethers, melody duets being played during romantic times, sad senti songs being the BGM for senti times. (Btw I also like this old Bollywood trick- one song and the hero and the heroine get married, have their honeymoon and they have kids and they too grow up- wish our life was such an uncomplicated one). But more than anything else I just wanna learn how to disappear just like in films. Remember, in old films the heros used to vanish just like that from their prying sasumas, chachajis. If only I could learn that trick...here I'm just listing a few of my desperate moments where I just wanted to run away or vanish from there.


*** Where & When: Every Marriages I go. I am taking a reference of my college times

One lady comes upto me and ask,

She: How are you related to the bride?
Me: I am her xxx.
She: Oh!! Are you studying??
Me: Yeah Engineering..(Now getting an idea of who she is..)
She: Where's your mother?
Me: Don't Know. Even I'm searching for her ( Now I really was searching for Amma)
She: She'll have your horoscope na?
Me: *What! you expect Amma to carry that in all weddings* (Now cursing all my cousins who deserted me )
She: Why are you wearing specs?
Me : *Duh Huh* Short sight *Should I run now or wait for someone to rescue me*
She: There's a guy....Blah blah...
Me: *No one's coming?? What excuse should I make???*
She: Blah Blah.... (turns her head in search for another eligible girl)
I swiftly withdraw myself from the place.


***Where and When : Interview at Rajagiri College

After a short intro of myself to two girls sitting on my either side, the one on right said
Righty: Hey I know that guy. He's my senior at College.
Me: Oh!!
Lefty: No way... He was in my batch at TIME.
Righty, Lefty:...Blah Blah...
Me(having no idea what they're talking) : *Think I should find a new seat*
Just then,
Lefty(to me): Hey you got a bag from TIME?
Me: Yeah, You didn't get any?
Lefty: No re. (To Righty) Hey you know that guy....blah blah..
Me: *that's it...I'm never going to like these Ekm Jadas*
Finally the conversation comes to MAT scores
Lefty(To Righty): How was your score?
Me: *Thank God! This is my area! I'm gonna dazzle you girls*
Righty: 94. You know I wasn't prepared at all.
Me: *Somebody ask me!! pls!!!*
Conversation is trying to go somewhere else.
Me (desperately ...To Lefty): What's your score?
Lefty: 95... Blah Blah
Me: *Ask me!!*
Blah Blah
Me: *Ask me!!*
Blah Blah..

Till the end of the day, Nobody asked me that question as I choked myself with my score.


***Where and When: I think it was during 8th grade. A Unit Test time

Prologue: I had this cousin as my classmate. Being the better of the two in academics, I always scored more marks in every unit test. But this time, the teacher in Social Studies gave us one essay to study for the test. All we had to do was to mug up. But then fate was it. A slight mistake in my answer.
Scene 1: Everyone in the class scored 35 out of 35, but for me and a few others who were adamant not to study the essay.
Scene 2: My aunty who never showed up to our house during exam times comes running. After a few other queries, she asked me how much I scored in Social Studies. I said, "34 ". She,"Oh!!! (my cousin) got 35, you know". Amma's face becomes red. Rest is history.


***Where & When: My regular Vignesh bus

A fat lady enters the bus with a similarly fat daughter. Seeing her not able to stand properly, I gave my seat to her. A few stops later, the lady next to our fat lady gets down. I, who has been standing near the seat, try to sit. The fat lady pushes me away(with her single finger!!) and reserves the seat for her daughter. Thats it, I thought. "I am never gonna help any other fat/old ladies". But its me na, I won't ever learn. I still embarrass myself by falling again and again into such situations.


*** Where & When : Interview table at Rajagiri College

Interviewer: What do you want to do after MBA?
Me: I firstly want to learn things practically by joining some firm. But my actual ambition is to be an entrepreneur *Entrepreneur , my foot!*
Intrvwr: Entrepreneur! Hmm.... What kind of company would you want to start?
Me: Since I have experience in Software, I would like to start a Software company. *Software is the last thing I want to do on earth*

PS:- R@ji chechi got married on jan 27th and her reception function was at Railway Kalyanamandapam, my dream place. And chechi, this joke is dedicated to you and jeeju.

What did chechi's sasuma ask her to bring as dowry?
Dher saara pyaar aur ek lambhi seedi. Get It?

Yeah, I know this is an old and copied, but this is so true with R@ji chechi and jeeju.

PSS:- Do you know what's the best part of me getting married? I can officially make jokes about it.

PSSS:- Do you know what is the one thing I couldn't take my eyes off from in the new Mile Sur? Ranbir's portion. His trousers are so transparent. If they couldn't afford a better pair of trousers, they could have adjusted by taking the video of only the upper half. At least I wouldn't get distracted na.

17 Scribbled Back:

Blunt Edges said...

lol...that was really phunny!!! :D

n that's precisely the reason why i never give my seats 2 anyone! ;)

didn't get the dowry joke...guess it was just meant 4 the chechi :)

n by the way what is your MAT score? :D

COMMUNI said...

Glad you liked it, BE.

Dowry joke??? That was copied from Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham. Going by the frequency by which the film was shown in tv, I thought everybody would know the dialogue. Jeeju is atleast twice as much as R@ji chechi. Thats why the lambhi seedi.

MAT score...Leave it yaar... You know, I shouldn't publicly boast about such a thing since there can be a lot many people who would say "only this much?". But then on that day, I knew I was the topper there. And I couldn't stop myself blabbering about that here.

COMMUNI said...

@Donia

99.49 yaar...which I almost round it off to 99.5. ;)

COMMUNI said...

@Donia

I'm sorry I had to delete your comment...but you wrote my name there...Pls ...sorry...sorry

Dhanya said...

I was going to ask you the same qn blunt edges did! 99.5 huh ? OMG :D

COMMUNI said...

@Dhanya

It came as a surprise to me also...

Harini said...

Lol! The bus lady was mean. It happens to me too. I actually end up standing every single time i m in a bus because i feel bad for some one or another standing. But no one seems to feel bad for me :(.

COMMUNI said...

@Harini

Firstly, Welcome here ;)

We all are always lectured to help elderly women and women with their small children in buses, but then its ironic that none of these elderly women would help to accomodate a young mother with her child.

Somehow its only us who become scapegoats. Isn't it?

Meenakshi said...

hahaha... i had a good dose of laughter..

have gone through almost all the situations quoted.. does these things happen to everyone or there is some uncanny similarity between the two of us?

scarlet pimpernel said...

wat was ur score anyways ??
i got 96.5

COMMUNI said...

@meenakshi

Whether a coincidence or not, I'm only too happy to hear its just not me who gets f**ked up like this.

I only hope that you're not as tiny as me when you get pushed away by fat old ladies at buses.

COMMUNI said...

@scarlet

Not much of a difference...99.49.

scarlet pimpernel said...

woahhh!!!
u r being modest

i got calls from everywhere
but i never attended (i never graduated ;-)))) )

COMMUNI said...

@scarlet

my advice (in case you do graduate ;) ) if u wanna pursue MBA, do it at a good college. Don't just do it for the sake of it. Calls can be a lot decieving and don't go for the college which advertise.

scarlet pimpernel said...

ഇന്റെര്‍ണല്‍ തീരെ ഇല്ലെന്നെ

ഞാന്‍ സപ്ള്ളീ എഴുതി മടുത്തു

COMMUNI said...

oh...but in a way dats good (except for remitting fees again).. i always believe getting no supplies is the reason why i never understood a thing in engg.

scarlet pimpernel said...

god bless you woman