Friday, February 5, 2010

The Leg Break Dance

Well... I was actually supposed to write a post on my first MBA interview (Donimol had asked me to write it since we couldn't talk much about that on the day of my interview), but then the attention seeker in me says, spice it up gal!


I was returning home after the interview in Cochin. Achan as always keeping me company. (I think its a ritual here ... that either of the parent should accompany a girl who is engaged and that too everywhere. And everytime this happens, I shout "I'm not running anywhere!". Yes of course, that was to myself.) It was almost 7 pm. So when we reached the bus stop near Rest House, I found that it was the KSRTC bus coming. I was enthralled, for that is the only bus in which a seat is guaranteed(I wish it was the same with IIMs for me). So why does our KSRTC bus have so much vacant seats? Simple. Nobody would want to get backpain free, right? But anyways, this is the only KSRTC bus in our route. And it was the contribution of our CM V S Achuthanandan. 10 years of blatantly supporting him and atleast we got a bus. Now you say, why shouldn't I vote for him.


And of course, like all the state buses, this bus also comes with extra fittings. No handle(Whats the need, everyone boarding has plenty of seats to choose from ). No window pane (local charge pe AC yatra). Extra furry cushions (If you sit in the seat for an hour, you could actually use your butt as a writing pad..it would be a plane surface ). And potholes in the steps (even your bag could squeeze into those).

So as an extra-considerate daughter, I was helping my father to board off the bus. Exactly at the last step, my heels got stuck. Before I realised it, my other leg had stepped outside the bus. And before both of my legs realised anything at all, both were in the air. And .........ddddddddddhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiimmmmmmmm. In a fraction of second, I had landed myself to the safety of the road and at the expense of my right leg carrying the entire body weight. Ok so the falling part is over, who will pull me up? I looked around. There were only 2 men besides my father. And both were middle-aged men. What a bad luck I have, my first public falling performance and no cute guys to watch it. Cute nahi sahi, guys bhi chal sakta tha. Out of that one person helped me getting up.Meanwhile I was being advised to go the hospital straightaway or take an auto to home. I told them that I'm perfectly alright and I limped back to home.

But half way, achan suddenly asked(if you could please imagine my father with the sparkling bulb near his head) "Where's you ring? Nothing has happened to it na. Check if it's there in your finger". And I was like, WTF! Meri taang toot rahi hai aur aapko ring ki padi hai?

Followed was nothing much exciting. Rushing to the hospital at 10 pm and getting to sit in the wheel chair like an utter rogi. And at the end of all, all excitement finished when the doctor said that there's nothing to worry and prescribed some pain killers. Again WTF. I mean, its the first time I fell down and I don't even have a fracture? By then, I had totally imagined the next 2 weeks with the plaster of paris on my leg. I had always yearned for some goodwill oranges(the oranges your relatives give to you when you get admitted into a hospital). But I guess, the wait continues.

P.S. :- If you thought why so hullagulla over such a stupid issue. First time hai na. Publicity ke liye mere paas koi PRO bhi nahi hain. Everything is in my shoulders, you see.

16 Scribbled Back:

scarlet pimpernel said...

thalayum kuthi aano veenathu ?

Blunt Edges said...

hahahaha...so voting 4 VS did help big time ha? it landed u with an idea 4 a post ;)

COMMUNI said...

@scarlet

thankfully angane onnum sambhavichilla... ok..let me think my head with all the stitches...nah, that isn't cute at all

COMMUNI said...

@blunt edges

Yeah, quite "accidently" though ;)

Donia said...

hey....this much happend on that day...And y dint u write about the interview?

buckingfastard said...

oww poor girl...keep ur calm... ur just gettin married...dying is worse dan marrying i suppose!!! :)

lolz!!! i m sure dey still dunt get dere plaster from paris nymore!!

i also soo luv gettin sick re!! soo much pampering and all na!!

sm said...

like the end
sorry to know about the leg
but i like your spirit
thanks for sharing
eager to read about interview also

COMMUNI said...

@donia

A few more moments of the day coming soon..

COMMUNI said...

@BF
i too luv getting sick for the same reason yaar.

COMMUNI said...

@sm

Thanks dear.
The leg break wasn't a big deal...just a few scratches and a lil sprain that flew away after the pain killers.

Interview wasn't that interesting too..but anyways i'm going to write a few things on that.

Sidharth said...

How's the leg, beautiful?

COMMUNI said...

@Sidharth,

Beautiful? Kind of. Its just decorated with some scratch marks.

And I thought you deserted bloggerworld.

Sidharth said...

Well, it was supposed to be like -- How's the leg, beautiful ? not like How's the leg, is it beautiful? I'm not able to blog as I was busier than a bloody New York highway. Thought I'd catch up with what you're upto and voila!!! there's engagement and leg break and what not. Never a dull moment on this page.

COMMUNI said...

@Sidharth

oh..silly me nah... Never struck that you would call me beautiful...thanks.

Yeah my life is crowded with "happenings". And btw I'm expecting you to attend my marriage..Details I'll mail you.

Meenakshi said...

gal. m getting to like your blog better with each post that m reading..

luckily in my case, it's working the opposite way.. my Achan used to accompany me everywhere before; but after the engagement(a year back) I walk a free woman; maybe now he is sure - kahin nahi bhagegi.. :)

lol..loved the concern of your dad about the ring..
now, if my dad would have asked that I would have bet on it, that its because of the sky high price of the gold;rather than the fear of losing the betrothal ring..

COMMUNI said...

@meenakshi

And I've started envying you for the freedom you get at home.

Even my dad was concerned only because of gold's price. Seriously, whats with mallus still yearning for more gold. I think mallus are the sole reason for the rocketing prices. What say?