Friday, January 17, 2014

Blunders of the past


Firstly I am so sorry for the last post. I myself find it to be so incoherently written. Some of the lines which had to be explained further was just bluntly written. I never intended to do so. But you do know about my skills with a touch screen mobile. So Red Handed here's the clarification for the blogging lingo. Of course every blogger has his or her own way of writing. But a common thing is that may be because most of us want even a layman to understand it, we keep it simple. Or so to say there's a certain tone to how a blog is written. Certainly not a "professional" way. That's what I intended when I wrote the word lingo. And yes television, in the past it was either entirely conversational or entirely narrative. Taking a midway seemed so synchronous with the blogs.


Phew. . So what's making news these days. Well of course AAP is there. Their u-turn is certainly hitting the headlines. Thanks to FB, I am reasonably well informed of the current affairs if not all. Particularly since I have distanced myself from TV and newspaper. Well of course like many others I was also all in for AAP in the beginning but these days ahem ...


But of course we are not here to talk about AAP's blunders. Instead its all about me. For the past few days I have been trying to recollect and sort out incidents from the past. After chotti communi grew up.

There was a certain period in my life where in I was really dumb. Schooling marks the beginning of that era. I was not that academically weak. But I never wanted to understand why we were studying what we were supposed to.

1. Our principal once came in to our school to fill in our SUPW hour. He considered himself to be a math-genius or was he? Whatever. So he started explaining about REAL NUMBERS. "so what's the real purpose of these real numbers? Why do we use them? " he asked. A very valid question... Being a shorty I was always placed in the front row. And because of that insecurity I always used to be heads down, a very successful way of escaping teachers questions. But this time I was being poked by Vinod. And when I lifted my head, I saw our principal's fingers pointing me. Damn it. " To completely represent the number line" , I said. Ha ha ha.... He laughed," that's so similar to saying that you buy potatoes to put them in your pocket". The whole class laughed. To this day I don't know the answer to the question because at that moment I was just thinking about how my classmates would tease me after the class.



2. The principal was so pathetically addicted to maths. So when our 10th classes began, we were sorted into three sections, purely on the basis of maths scores, for a maths class during the assembly time. Now of all the people, I got into the first batch where our princi thought were our future IITians. So one day we were given a test paper IIT standard wala. One problem was solved stepwise and our question was to write whether the steps were correct or incorrect. We were supposed to explain why those "steps" were taken and yours truly wrote

Step 1:__________ correct
Step 2: __________ correct
Step 3:__________ correct
Step 4:__________ the final answer is correct.





3. KV has its summer vacation during May and June. Eventhough June was not "summer" in kerala, it meant that I was never able to celebrate my bday at school. I could never wear a new bday dress to school or distribute chocolates to my classmates. Even in the college june was exam time. But S8 we had classes in June and I wanted to celebrate my bday elaborately. But cash was limited. So I just bought munch for the girls alone. Somehow the boys also came to know about it. Next day morning I saw "is this the way to celebrate a bday" on the blackboard. Lesson learned if you can't do smething secretly don't do it.





4. Farewell party. I was never a famous girl. So I was highly surprised when the guy compering called upon me to emote actor Suresh Gopi. His famous dialogue pa pulle... Ormayundo ee mugham. Two other girls did it decently well and left the stage. My first phrase pa pulle was heavily applauded. I got excited. But then I always had this stage fright which made me say ormayundo ee megham.....*pore pooram*





5. Eventhough I know that I am not a bad singer, I don't even hum in public. The problem is that I have lyricsforgottophobia. Simply I forget them. But during one lazy afternoon at office, "emotional atyachar" stung my tongue. I just couldn't get it off. Things went off guard when I was walking to other end of the hall and I was singing literally loudly. Almost everyone in the hall stood up.






 Well I see that its already a long post.*yawns* . Blunders haven't ended but I am winding up for now.

P.S. :- What I have learned is I can only ask Ananya to understand what she studies in future not force her. If she can't who else to blame for the rotten DNA passed on.

P.S.S.:- The principal in the stories above is no more. He passed away few years back but not before he got his share of irutadi (literally he was beaten up in the dark)from his students' parents. Even after his death, I still cannot sympathise over him. He was such a terror back then. Ironically his was a punishment transfer to our school.

P.S.S.:- Mallus....please watch Drishyam. I haven't recommended a film in a long time. But this one's awesome.

6 Scribbled Back:

Red Handed said...

BABE!!!!!!!
Hahahahahah first of all thank u for clearing my doubt. You are sweet!
and secondly..ORMA UNDO EE MEGHAM? heheheheheheheh SUPREMELY CUTE!!
And I did watch DRISHYAM!!!! Awesome right!!!

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

ROFL... You seem to have an interesting life :D

And I totally feel you on the first bencher thing :/ I hated it too.

COMMUNI said...

red handed , thank u you liked it

COMMUNI said...

pee vee...

u too were a first bencher??? that was one of the many things i hated about school life...

Anita Jeyan said...

hahaha awesome !
Guess what I was a last bencher for my height...but made to sit on first bench by force due to my kayyiliruppu :D

COMMUNI said...

Lol Anita...