Thursday, November 19, 2009

Belling the CAT

The one best thing about my blogger these days is that I tend to publish whatever I scribble more often now. Literally whatever crap I write. This, I realised when I saw not too many drafts my Edit Posts. Good na? The shift key of my keyboard (the one near to the symbols) is not working properly, and I have to press the other key for all those symbols. And this is taking my nerves. Ok! so coming back. The problem with having so many drafts is that I can't publish 'em now, coz it has become dated. So I have decided that its high time I write about my CAT classes before it gets finished. Btw, I am writing CAT on 1st. Bless me.

No! Don't worry I am not going to write anything about quants, logical, DI or verbal here. (Thats FYI !!!). There's all gonna be, the usual, gossip here. Well, what else could you expect. Anyways, I'll start off with RS. She is a kind a person you could technically define as a nerd. A book worm. I don't think there's any book I know that she hasn't read. Right from Asterix and Obelix to the Shakespears'. She has read it all. Plus she's a genius. The only problem with her is that we students are totally out of her league. And we don't understand what she says. Btw, she did her high school graduation from a school in Chennai which has an Ex-Alumini A.R. Rahman. Can you believe it??? ARR??? Now I wish Vishnu become a BIG filmmaker soon (I totally respect his other interests, but I have a feeling that he would make one hell of a filmmaker), so that I can boast to the world that "We studied in the same class", "We used to go to tuitions together". Phew.

Next comes our own RP. Now this guy, surprise surprise, is a genius too. ;) If he hadn't been my tutor, I would have certainly missed him in the crowd. Slim, tall with a rabbit teeth and importantly unimpressive dressing. That old worn-out jeans of his itself has a story to tell. He washed the jeans for the first time 6 months after buying it only because he was compelled to do it after it was soaked in dirt after lushy rains. Poor jeans.Even I wash my jeans atleast once in a month. He's a pass-out of some notorious Govt. Arts College in TVM. The college which is reigned by SFI, have certain unwritten rules and regulations formed by the student party members. Only SFI members can rag juniors and can also have affairs. And since beautiful girls are less in the campus, there's always fight over 'em. And RP(who also belongs to SFI) played it safe and had an affair with a girl who, he says, is not so beautiful. How does she even survive this guy? And anything on RP would go unfinished without saying about his CAT extravaganza. He's a third timer. Can you believe it, he refused to join an IIM last time only because it wasn't IIM-A or B. Man! I never knew people like these ever existed. Its like giving up CCD chocolate cake for nothing.

And now onto the students. you really understand my problem in naming people na. so please bear me. And I just don't think its good to write their actual names for my health too, since I'll be only gossiping about 'em. So there is a guy V, who outshines everyone in the class with his PJs. Here's one when he's at his best. Our mentor is taking a test for us and we all trying to convince her not to take one and suggesting some whacky alternative solutions. She says."wow! you're brilliant students". V,"No ma'am, we are T.I.M.E. students!!!"
And as always, there needs to be a scapegoat for V. Sometimes its SJ and sometimes its SD. SD once had gone to participate in a rally on Ganesh Chaturthi. And everytime we used to hear some announcements down the road, he was never spared. As for SJ, he is a mechanical engineer, still in making(he's supposedly a 2009 pass-out). Even, he laughs at himself that "even if he gets good CAT score, he won't make it to a b-school because of his innumerable arrears".

Ok! I am now out of syllables, so I guess I have to stop.

P.S. :- The following caused a laugh riot in my house. We were seeing a music show in a malayalam channel. There was a guy who was singing Surmai Akhiyon Mein (God! I love that song!) in his pathetic hindi accent. So much so that he malayalified so many phrases. Well I opine that those who aren't sure of their hindi accent should stop singing hindi songs. Ok, anyways, when the judges started analysing the song, one lady in the panel said that he should improve his diction and probably should learn the song's lyrics more perfectly. And I was thinking "so right, it is". And then she also said that it would have been better if he had sung the tamil version. And when she started singing the tamil version , she was making so many lyrical mistakes herself that I thought I would rather give the guy a thumbs up than to this judge.

2 Scribbled Back:

Neha said...

interesting tales of your CAT class...all the best for ur exam re...I had tried my hands on CET once, in 2003 I guess...went without studying as I was not too serious about it...gave it as i wanted to "try" it once :)))

I know that pj was bad; but didn't you enjoy writing about it? well, such things do come useful u know :P

COMMUNI said...

Even I'm going to give CAT a "try" this time. Lemme see if that works out atleast the next time around. And PJs are not just useful for the blogging, it even keeps you awake in the class. ;)