Friday, November 6, 2009

Its one whole year.... and I'm all happy

Nov. 6, 2008 :
As any other day, I am sitting in one of the invisible corners of the ODC. Chatting with Pattar as usual. We 3, Ammini, Blore and me, were allocated 3 different systems. We are done with the trimurthi mail of the day. Phase 2 of the internal project had started and it was the demo time. Which meant a whole lot of free time for the new project mates. Ammini was with Oku and Blore googling. It was only a few days before, I came to know that blogger can be opened in the office. I had started scribbling on my previous blog. "But I need a new one. A fresh start, so to say". I told Pattar.
Even the name of the new blog should be different. Something that conveys about me.
"The Desultory Mind", said Pattar.
"Hmm... thats a nice one. I think I'll give it a shot", says me.
But what to write. Not politics and Not movies. May be later on but not the first one. Introduce myself? Who the hell am I to do that? Besides, nobody is going to read it, then what is the need of an introduction. Evenmore, I have done that in my earlier blog and that's enough.
Then. I remember one thing. How much I hate Bangalore, its climate. I sneezed. Thats a good start. I can go on and on on that topic. Sigh.

The very first thoughts...

*The very first picture that comes to my mind everytime I hear Bangalore is the one in which I, Amma, Achan and bro were standing infront of the Christ College and two girls passed us. One was in mini-skirt. The other one in a red top and trousers. That is the first I saw mini-skirt live. I had been to Delhi and Chennai a lot before this but never saw someone wearing mini-skirt to college. (This happened back when I was in my 10th grade.)

*The day we reached Bangalore. We went to shop some regular stuff. At the shop, we asked, "Bhayya, dress clips hain ?". Bhayya replied, "Dress clips alle? Ithu mathiyo?"(Dress clips na? Are these enough?). We literally frowned!

* Crossing the signal infront of Forum, we noticed some guys. When we walked past them, they giggled "Kollaamketto"(Nice ones!!). It was we who used to say that dialogue when we were in Hyderabad. That reminds me, we are in Bangalore, an extended Kerala.

And hence Bangalore Times.

P.S. :- Its been one year and so many things have changed. Even my attitude towards Bangalore. I love the place because of the nostalgic memories it is associated with. I still hate the climate though.

6 Scribbled Back:

Neha said...

first time on ur blog...and u reminded me of my first ever vacation that I remember...rice is a must in every meal...while in bangalore once, we had idli, dosa etc for dinner...we came back in our hotel room, and I was not ready to sleep...dad asked me, so I said I hadn't had dinner...i meant rice...it was not available at the hotel, so he went out at 11 pm, returned by 12 30 with rice, I had it and went off to sleep...

interesting first experience, but can u translate those few words please? :))

COMMUNI said...

thank you for going throughthe pots, Neha. And yeah I have done the edit.

Neha said...

thank you :)

COMMUNI said...

*post

Neha said...

Hey COMMUNI, why don't you take up those tags? it would be interesting to know your answers too...I do not mention all the names as I do not know whether ppl like them or not...so please take up the tags... in fact, if u check the label tag-o-mania on my blog, u will find many interesting tags...u can choose n take up all/any of them :)))

COMMUNI said...

sure, thank u ...