Monday, May 10, 2010

Daddy's Girl or Mommy's Girl?

Have you ever felt the urge to write so many things on your blog, but still can't do it because sometimes it rains heavily, sometimes the power goes off and moretimes you doze off to sleep. Well I've been in that state for a few days now. And this internet connection is also testing my patience. But I'm finally sitting down to key down my thoughts.

First things first, I am on the verge of starting a new life altogether, taking up a few more responsibilties of being a wife, a bahu, a bhaabhi etc etc. I'm equally excited and tensed about it. But these 6-7 months after the betrothal has given me a chance of getting acquainted with all my in-laws and more or less I'm a bit prepared. Given the fact that this is the last month of my spinisterhood, The Desultory Mind here will be celebrating a Bachelorette Party all through this month. Food, wine, hot hunks....ok ...you can always assume them to be present here. ;)



Once you're in such a position in your life, you tend to rewind all your past. And just as Chaos Theory states there is an underlying pattern in all random acts, you find things that happened in your life - even those insignificant things- have resulted in what is happening to you now. Call it Science or fate.

Ok! Enough with the philosophy. Have you seen the movie Rumor Has It? The one with Jennifer Aniston and in which she does one of my favorite filmy-proposals. She says,"I won't say that I can't live without you because I can. But I don't want to live without you". But the point is that somehow, it put me to think about the how much Amma and I are alike and Achan and Iare alike.

I don't look like either of 'em. I'm more of like a hybrid breed. I find my nose a combo of Amma's and Achan's. The gene for my small-face must have come from Achan. My teeth attributed to Amma. But characterwise, I am neither of 'em. Well they both seem to be very patient with every thing. But I'm very hot-tempered. Thanks to Achan's constant prying, me and my brother both are very hot-tempered.

Amma and I are nocturnal animals (She would totally deny this). We love to go for late-evening shoppings, concerts and etc. And we are crazy about afternoon naps. We cannot survive without that. And as for shopping, we are very unusual shopoholics.The budget always runs in the back of the mind. The last thing we want to shop is clothes. We prefer eatables. Amma goes for the vegetables and I stick around the Maggi, Knorr corner.

I am a very political person because of Achan. It's from him that I learned about Politics, Indian History, Communism, its history in Kerala. And even when he was turning into a Hinduist, I sticked to Communsim. We both are pathetic with numbers, be it phone numbers or historically important dates. We are also pathetic with "people". We can't remember them and also forget how we're related them. I can't remember my own relatives, let alone remember the relatives of my friends and neighbours. A little bit of my creative instincts like drawing comes from him.

The list goes on and on, but may be some other time.

8 Scribbled Back:

Blunt Edges said...

have fun at the bachelorette party ;)

n we continue 2 know more about u :)

BK Chowla, said...

A very expressive post

buckingfastard said...

i understand its a bachelorette party...but no consideration for guys...cant u even put us in a separate room wid strippers and whiskey :(

OMG ur getting married in a month!! how can u handle the pressure...new house...and a MAN in ur bad!!! arent u scared!!! :P

luvd the analogies of urs wid ur parents!!

scarlet pimpernel said...

Hey wish you all the fun ;-)

COMMUNI said...

@BE

sure sure..thank you :)

COMMUNI said...

@BK Chowla

Thank you for the comments

COMMUNI said...

@ BF

Yeah pressure.... I'm yelling like Monica.."OMG! I'm gonna live with a boy"

Strippers??? Take a break yaar, let us girls have the fun

COMMUNI said...

@scarlet

Thank you :)