Saturday, May 29, 2010

Intro to in-laws

What's the last thing you expect a bride to do? Maybe write a post on the day previous to her marriage, or write a post on the day of marriage? I'm doing the former one, so you can well expect the latter one too from me. Just kidding yaar!! Who says brides are busy these days!

And what better post than introducing my in-laws to my blogworld . I have been quite low about them because of the confusion in naming them, but it would only be unfair if I weren't writing about them atleast today. I'm settling down with "A" for my till-today-fiance-tom-husband. Decent name would be the comment I get, I know. Paa, Maa respectively for my father-in-law and mother-in-law. And No, these names have not been inspired from Paa, the movie. I coined it a little earlier than that. Long back I had heard some girl using "P. Achan", "E. Achan" as phone names for her father and her father-in-law who live in Palakkad and Ernakulam respectively. LOL :)

OK! My bro-in-law, KK ( or Kuttikattil.com). Derived from the very famous malayalam kids show just to remind us that his love interest studies at Kuttipuram. And then Kamini, KK's fiance. There is a big story behid this name. Remember Kaminey, the movie. Our little prankster, who's acclaimed for her hindi knowledge, once accidently pronounced it as Kamini. Henceforth, the name. But the story doesn't end there. KK, another legend in Hindi, continued the same pronounciation until somebody pointed out the mistake. But boys being boys, KK just revealed the first part of the story to me and later on A told me the whole version.


Honeymoon talks:

A :- Which is the one place you want to go to?
Me :- Kolkata it is.
A :- Ok! Do you know it costs very less to travel to Singapore? Do you wanna go there?
Me :- Hhmmmm........only if I go to Kolkata first.
A :- Tell me someother place you want to go?
Me :- Coorg. Heard its a damn good place.
A:-Is it ? Haven't heard of it at all. How about Munnar?
Me :- Munnar...ha...it's also a good place.
A :- Yeah. But it can be costly na.
Me :- Then we can come over to Palakkad and visit Silent Valley and Neliyampathy with our family. It would be a family tour.
A :- No, its our honeymoon!!
Me :- Then I see only one option. Lets put a "Do not disturb" board infront of our room.
A :- Great. Its settled then !

Conspiring against KK

KK :- Chechi, I would throw you out of the house if you don't cook properly ;)
Me:- Acha... you know what I will put salt in your tea.
Kamini :- Chechi, we won't cook fo him at all.
Me :- Beware KK, we will just give you old-boiled-rice and chutney.
Kamini :- Chechi, thats too much chechi. Just give him the leftover water of the old-rice...

P.S.:- I'm getting married tom at Guruvayoor. Everybody are welcome there. Don't come complaining that you missed the function or couldn't locate us. Its bound to happen.

P.P.S :- Felt bad about just one PS ;)

13 Scribbled Back:

BK Chowla, said...

All the best and have a happy married life.

Lakshmi said...

OH MY GOD.... WOW...
Have a great time tmrw... n do bow before ur own fiancé... Its Guruvayoor... we know accidents can happen.. we dont want u to change the whole post... ur A n KK..
Hi hi.. jus kidding...

Do have fun... the rest of ur lives...:)

God Bless... ( the Poor guy whose fate is to be sealed tmrw... :P)

Neha said...

congratulations and wish you a very happy married life girl..loads of love and hugs to you :)

Blunt Edges said...

so where is the honeymoon??? (na...i ain't gonna stalk u guys) ;)

congrats n wish u a wonderful married life :)

the pps was fun :D

sm said...

congrats
have a wonderful married life

buckingfastard said...

OMG by-now-married-and-prolly-on-honeymoon-communi!! congo!! missed da marriage thou!! overslept in the afternoon u see!!!

KOLKATA for honeymoon!! dats an odd choice!! :P dunt come to kolkata..coz i might end up disturbing u do-not-disturb couple!!

njoy!!

Harini said...

congrats and wish u happy married life :)

Arshat Chaudhary said...

Lovely post..
Wish you a happy married life.. :)

scarlet pimpernel said...

Hey ! there will be atleast a dozen couple at guruvayoor every day, wonder how i could have spotted communi..;-). I feel its rather late for wishing you a happy married life,but still...

Shanu said...

Congrats!! Have a happy married life!

Jibu Mathews said...

Hehe Kolkata...thats really horrible Prajitha!!

Shafi said...

hai.. u have a tag. Hope u'lllke it. :) here

COMMUNI said...

@All- thanks for the wishes. Sorry that I'm too late to comment here.

@shafi- will surely take up your tag dear