Friday, December 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUPERSTAR


Today 12th of December. Its Rajnikant's birthday today. A little while ago I distributed chocolates among my friends over here. Then Aanakutty asked me if I had distributed chocs for my Brother's birthday. The answer was, unfortunately, No. This doesn't mean that Rajnikant is more important to me than my brother. Bro, It is only you who will come first.
It always amazes me when I see the simplicity of the man. Rajnikant who is the second highest paid actor in the continent, the highest in India, carries a Nokia 1100 phone to communicate to the world. Even I, one of the lowest paid Software Engineer, use an N-series phone. He is 58 today. And yeah it might be "too old" for some you guys. Yes, he uses a lot of make-up to look young in his films. He uses wig to cover his baldness. But Guys, can you ever see an actor getting out in public without make-up prior to the release of his movie, not covering his age or bald head. Believe me, nobody can do that.
And only Rajnikant can do that. It is only because of the immense support from his fans, and his demigod status, he is able to do those things that other actors can't do. He can throw a bubblegum into the air, meanwhile fight with 500 villians and then catch the gum in his mouth- still making it believable among his fans. I would rather say, it is accepted by the audience. He is an actor who cares really for the society and does a lot to its development. Be it the "The Ashram" school run by Lata Rajnikant or the social service done by his fan clubs, he sees to it that he has returned something to the society from which he has earned.
I am one among the ardent fans of Rajnikant. And I am proud to be one. I have been teased many a times because of being so. But when you have lived a lifetime being his fan, these silly teasings won't really bother. Hats off to Rajnikant.

1 Scribbled Back:

Unknown said...

Rajanikanth is not 58.....it must be 85.........typing mistake....uhh??...rit...no problem...never make such mistakes.....