Saturday, October 31, 2009

One month for CAT

Just 30 days more. On 1st of December, I'll be writing the actual CAT. Mind you, don't ever expect me to write here about the percentile I get. You can forget about the percentage too. My orkut profile now reads as quants takin the shit out of me, the only thing is that it's more of in a cultured manner. What else am I supposed to when the thing I thought would make my head held high is betraying me at this very moment of urgency. I am not a person who has quantophobia. Infact, it was the only subject in my 12th grade in which I got 80plus marks, which naturally makes it the percentage booster. Since I had such fabulous marks, I was sure that no Govt College would be giving me admission. Infact, I remember getting a call card of waitlist number 170 for B. A. English. Rest of my applictaions would surely have had gone into the trash. So Engineering was not an option but a rescue. Mind you, I m pretty lucky when it comes to OMR sheets. Just not lucky enough for the bank tests which I write every other weekend.

So the preps is on a full swing. Even the books I got from the institute is intact. Rather untouched. So, if any more of CAT aspirants are out there, do let me know, I can sell those books for cheap prices. I have no idea how am I going to manage to do my regular last-minute-study, when I have so many marriages to attend. Nair's on Nov 12th and Binu's on Nov 15th. She called and informed me that the marriage hall is called "Cultural centre". Remember the chukku bazaar episode? Eldhose had commented on that "avide oru chukkumilla...athukonda chukku bazaar". I wonder, if that repeats this time too with "Cultural". ;)

Speaking of Binu, I whole heartedly thank her for coming up with the idea of Madhumohan serials for my post on DD. I heard Partner really enjoyed it. A brief intro to Partner- the name is what we call each other, inspired from the hindi movie of the same name. He's a buddy from my school and college times. Good at cooking. Long time back he did give me the recipe of cutlet which I naturally forgot. Now having good time onboard. See, this is what happens with me everytime. What I was actually thinking was to post on my real Agenda for CAT. Since there is no real Agenda, I have been blabbering craps here. Anyways, I only hope CAT is just good enough atleast to keep my excitement high for the next day, Ramettan's marriage. Yeah, its happening. It's a full fledged arranged marriage. And guess what, I found out the Mr. Lover whose elopement made it to the blog in Ramettan's friends list. His profile pic has our Mrs. Lover in it. Seems like, they are happily married. All the best for all the couples mentioned here.

P.S. :- And did you hear this one. IITs are going to raise the cut offs to 80%. I wonder what I am going to do if IIMs do the same. Even if they place a 70% cut off , I won't be able to surpass it.

6 Scribbled Back:

Lakshmi said...

All the very best... Bell the CAT...Moving onto the rest of ur posts.. :D

COMMUNI said...

thank u :) i hope i do go good...atleast save my rep

Donia said...

Your blog is definitely getting better..I enjoy reading it

COMMUNI said...

thank u donia ;) i'm here to entertain you.

Kelly said...

Oh meri pyari entertainer.....
bell the CAT as your friend said.One thing for sure is TIGER will tie a bell( a real big 'thali' like ammini) to you!!!
If you change the background color, it would give me a better reading..
Jus a suggestion frm me...

COMMUNI said...

Dear obamamol,
i too was thinking of changing the UI. but let me actually get some free time to make the change yaar.