Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 : A Recap

Year end is my most favorite part of the year. Coz it's this time when almost all the channels and newspapers review the year's happenings and I get to learn the events I missed out. And the most interesting part, they also review the films of the year. Somehow, all are fun.

2009: My Life
Jan-June was the perfect half of the year. I had loads of money eventhough I spend less. (Believe me, I am last kind of spendthrift you want to meet). Had lots of fun. Writing many bank tests, never clearing one. Shuttling between Bangalore and Palakkad for t-interviews. Forum was a perfect locale for t-intrvws, hanging out, movies etc etc. Everytime when we used to go to Forum and see very cute guys I used to wonder, "why is that no good looking guys come for my t-intrvw". Somehow I always used to land up with someone who has height issues or be not my type (as in looks). May be marriage wasn't my cup of tea, I thought. I haven't seen any other girl working so hard to get married. But only one thing kept me on- There's only one life and as far as I'm concerned I'm not going to marry twice, so the decision has to be a full-hearted one, something I won't regret later.
July-Dec, I knew what was it like to be jobless again. My new arena was CAT. Meow. While I was getting coached, there was parallel search for a spouse. And it all ended in September. And it was all sudden. Got engaged in Oct. After that it has been a monotony of exams. But it was during this year I lost a person close to my heart. My Grandma. It was a wednesday when she left us. And the wednesday previous to that was the day when I visited her. Even when I was sitting in the bus after hearing the news, I imagined that when I reach there, she will be there to greet me as always. You haven't gone Ammamma, you are there in my heart and my thoughts and you'll always be there.

2009: The world around me
Every article I read about the calendar events of 2009 had a significant portion for Obama. WTF. Its ok to say he got elected as the 44th President of the US of A, but then you can't comfortably forget the Manmohan Singh Govt. was re-elected in April. I just have to remind these guys that Obama is the Pres of USA not of the world. Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize. What for? For having "Change" as his Campaign tag. The nominations for Nobels are done in Feb and I can't stop wondering what this guy did for the one month he was in the post which earned him the nomination. May be I should also get a Nobel, I have been running a frigging blog for over a year now!
Berlin wall's 20th anniversary. Do anyone care eventhough everyone knows that the wall is still erect in the minds of Germans. Asterix became 50. So did Kamal Hasan (50 years in Cinema). I kinda started admiring him a lot these days.
This year saw a lot of deaths. Michael Jackson passed away. I still remember the way I sat for hours infront of the TV not believing he died. The void created by his death would never be filled. Great actor like Nagesh and so many veterans of Malayalam film industry passed away. The death of YSR also shocked me. During the two-day search operation, I was hoping the search squad would find him alive.
Indian cricket is all being prasied for their top spot in test cricket. I still can't understand what the fuss is all about. There are only 10 countries which play cricket and you're making a big deal of it. F**k. Roger Federer earned his 15th Grandslam (Whatever!). All I'm missing is Rafael Nadal's magic in the clay court.
Copenhagen summit was the top-flop of the year. Hundreds of dignitaries landed in the city for the summit in their separate jets, which naturally added to the pollution level. No legal binding and kill Kyoto was the main agenda which most of the countries totally agreed on. India said it would reduce some pollution level by 20% and wouldn't allow any supervision of any sorts. US in return showed some old stats and said it would also reduce the levels. When the mathematicians calculated the stats later, they found that the Americans had proposed a 4% reduction while they actually had to reduce 40%. Funny, Copenhagen also had groupism. Many countries had secret meetings on the final days. Now we have a BASIC four- Brazil , South Africa, India and China. Next year you can expect some fantastic five, sagacious six too.
Ajmal Kasab has learned the tactics now. He's now playing with Indian Judiciary. He says he hasn't ever seen an AK47 in his life. "Thanks, yaar. We know it was your ghost who posed the CCTVs with an AK47. "

This is not the end of the recap...the flashback will continue.

5 Scribbled Back:

Blunt Edges said...

what a summary!

n u seem angry in the "2009: The world around me" section...so sneaking behind my laptop, i have 2 tell u that i'm one of those who celebrated india rise 2 the top of the test rankings ;)

cool blog! :D

Dhanya said...

Hope you have a great year ahead! :)

COMMUNI said...

@blunt edges
Firstly, thank you for going through the blog. Welcome here.
Somehow, i can't stand the hype the media awards to the cricket team. I wish they release Cricket is not the national game and Hockey is.

And happy new year again ;)

COMMUNI said...

@Dhanya
Wish you the same dear ;)

COMMUNI said...

*realise
(I think I was drunk when I wrote it ;) )