Friday, December 25, 2009

A snippet from my previous blog

First things first. Happy Christmas everyone. Hope you had a great day. And let the spirit of Christmas prevail all through the coming year. Hope everyone had their share of cake and wine today. Btw, I must tell you one thing. Wine has the highest alcohol content amongst all beverages. So all those who say "I'll just have wine", beware. Anyways, my Christmas, as usual, has been a total boredom, except for the movies on TV and the cake we bought a day earlier. But I still maintained a good spirit of wishing all my friends through my status updates in Facebook and Orkut.

Upon public demand (truce - 2 persons, 1. Obamamol and 2. a guy from Indiblogger), I have decided to change the template of this blog. I was convinced by one very simple template when Pattar told me that he didn't like it. So I'm in search for another. I am hoping to introduce the new template by my first post in the new year. But the problem with searching for a template online is that I can't think beyond the Trebuchet MS font and the POST part should be more wider than the usual ones we get online. Plus I'm too terrible at HTML to make the necessary changes.

And because I had no courage to experiment anything with this blog, I chose my previous blog as the scapegoat. Its only then I found some of my scribblings unpublished. And publishing something, for me, is a one big ritual. Just like a father doing his daughter's kanyadaan. Once you've done, you'll feel like the biggest headache of your life has gone. (Just kidding!!!).

I landed on this draft which had no titles and I couldn't believe I was the one who wrote it. Of course, the verses which start the post is of a very famous song and I don't mean to violate anyone's copyright issue. But it sounded so much philosophical. So..o not me(atleast the current me). It was an unfinished post and I don't think I could replicate the same emotion I had that day to complete it now. It was about a popular show called The Wonder Years (this draft dates back to december 2007 when I was high on my fanship for The Wonder Years )and my friendship during school days. I am putting it down just as it was on my dashboard. So, here it goes...

"What would you do if I sang out of tune

Would you stand up and walk out on me

Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song

And I'll try not to sing out of key"

It wasn't ringo star who wanted to sing "with a little help" from his friends, it was Joe Cocker. But what happened next was wondering for years and years. It was the "THE WONDER YEARS". The Wonder Years, a gentle, nostalgic look at Baby Boom youth and adolescence, told stories from the point of view of Kevin Arnold. Kevin recalls all those 20 years after the incidents happened. He has a lot to tell about pretty much everything he did at school, he did with friends...beit the poker games with his friends or his crush for Winnie Cooper...the list is too long to be jotted down.

What really amaze me is that while Kevin has a lot to talk about, I don't think I have much to wonder about my school days or my friends there. Am I the only person like this...I guess, there is a whole bunch out there who feel the same way as I do.Well.. everyone say that at school, there is less of politics in your relationships or friendships but from what I recollect, College was far better.

Making friends may be a difficult thing but maintaining the same rapport for a longer duration with the obvious highs and lows of our lives is much more difficult. In the course if it breaks, you start off the blame game and would never admit your wrong doings. But from a relationship that was 6 years long, I learned that it is easy to give up your attitude...........

Oh-k. That was it. I won't bother you more with these old stuffs. But I coudn't help myself with this one. Anyways, I will be coming with more meaningless craps before we wrap up the year. Cheers again.


P.S. :- I tried a lot formatting for the snippet but failed and hence the color change. That was the only feasible measure I found out.

2 Scribbled Back:

sm said...

interesting post

COMMUNI said...

Thank you, sm. Thanks for going through my post.